Now that we’ve all had a chance to experience Dota’s massive 7.00 patch, with all its shrines and map changes, it’s time to take a closer look at the newly introduced Talent Trees. Hero Talent Trees have proved to be a huge addition to the game, allowing for new builds and bringing forgotten heroes back into the meta. Not every Talent Tree is equally impressive, however. Let’s take a look at the very best.
The Most Consistent Talent Trees in 7.00
- Medusa. With Evasion, stats, damage and 25% Lifesteal on offer, there’s little doubt that Medusa has a hugely intimidating set of Talents. At the pro level, we only see Medusa picked up in Drow strats, but she’s going to be tankier than ever before.
- Phoenix. Phoenix’s Talent Tree gives the hero everything it needs: health, armor, gold, spell amplification, and buffs to Supernova. As a result, Phoenix will easily scale better throughout the game and should be viable again.
- Puck. Early stats and damage, late game spell amplification and a massive +300 Gold/Min (or even buffs to Illusory Orb), Puck’s Talent Tree helps the hero stay relevant late on and snowball harder than before.
You May Like
The Best Level 25 Talents in 7.00
- Queen of Pain. QoP’s 70% spell Lifesteal has got to be one of the coolest Talents out there and massively helps her stay relevant later on. In combination with Octarine Core, this gives her massive amounts of Lifesteal that works with items like Blade Mail to make her close to invincible when it’s active.
- Centaur Warrunner. Centaur’s Return Aura at 25 has got to be one of the most overlooked Talents. Whilst getting there might be a struggle, it could potentially give your entire team massive damage boost that opponents will not be expecting.
- Shadow Fiend. SF’s +150 Attack Range might seem like a small buff, but for a hero who specializes in sieging and can already buy a Hurricane Pike, this Talent can be absolutely game winning, allowing Shadow Fiend to take Tier 3 towers without getting too close.
Talent Tree Spotlight: Ember Spirit
Magic damage Ember Spirit has been made possible thanks to a series of Talents that buff his spells, and many players now believe it’s the strongest way to play the hero. Items like Maelstrom, Octarine Core, Veil of Discord are suddenly good choices. Watch Sumail decimate the enemy heroes with this build in the clip above to see how devastating this build can be in the right hands. The scariest part is the +2 second buff to Searing Chains once you hit 25. That’s a truly frightening amount of disable.